Come on baba, come on...... Come to Mommy!
I was standing there, holding onto the coffee table for dear life, but my eyes had that determined look........ I'm going to do this,I'm going to do this! Mommy was sitting down flat on the floor about a meter away, arms open and calling me.
I was scraping all of my courage together to let go of the coffee table. Then........
I slowly let go of the coffee table, found my balance on my feet and then walked with small little steps towards Mommy (who were out of her skin with joy!) 1 step, 2 steps, 3...... 4...... 5! shucks! - I am walking. Big smile and sooooooo happy! The road to independancy has started........ soon I will be driving my own car! Hehehe!
Mommy grabbed me, held me tight and could not stop kissing me - she nearly hugged the air out of me! Then she put me down again (just to make sure she was not dreaming) by the coffee table and I did it again..... (this time a lot quicker) and again and again!
By the 5th time I had a little bit too much courage and dove-walked forehead first into the couch. Ok, lesson learned....... get the balance first and then start my steps.
OK, what's all the fuzz about? I just started walking at 8 and a half months old!
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your Aussie uncle Rob is so proud of you little Princess
Oh well done, well one!!! The long walk to freedom starts - and Mommy's grey hair too...
Post a Comment